Swimming on beaches and pools are the usual summer routines this time of the year. Of course you wouldn’t want your much awaited summer vacation to be just normal and ordinary right? You must look for a more exciting adventure and activities to upgrade your summer experience and make it more memorable and worthwhile.
Club Balai Isabel, a subsidiary of Techno-Asia Construction & Development, Inc., is a nine-hectare resort club, just a few hours away from Metro Manila where it offers a great venue for you to relax while enjoying the gift of nature.
And as the club added a new attraction, guests will surely have something to look forward to for their vacation when they are in Batangas.
If you are up for a different kind of summer adventure this year, you must visit and try Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park in Talisay, Batangas. The said aqua park was opened to public last April 29, 2017 and is known to be the “largest floating playground in the Philippines” to date. Please see the rates below:
DAY TOUR PACKAGES:
PHP1,850/head– Inclusive of lunch, snacks, use of facilities like pool, basketball, billiards and 1 hour Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park ticket.
PHP990/head- Inclusive of use of facilities like pool, basketball, billiards and 1 hour Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park ticket.
FOR CHECKED-IN GUESTS:
PHP1,250- 4 Pieces of 1 hour Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park ticket.
PHP450- 1 hour Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park ticket.
If you will see this Aqua Park in actual size which sits on the Taal Lake, you will really get excited or might become a bit hesitant at the same time because of the obstacles that you have to pass through in order to go from one section to another.(unless of course you will cheat and just swim your way hahaha!)
Unfortunately, kids below 13 years of age are not allowed. It’s because of the difficulty of the obstacles. Some are actually hard to cross. But don’t worry, soon they will be adding inflatable parts intended for kids.
*Wearing of life vest is a must. You can’t enter the aqua park without it.
*Remove any jewelries or accessories with pointed surface to prevent puncturing the Aqua Park material.
*If you have belongings, you may leave it to the guard area of the aqua park. Don’t lose your number.
*You may bring your gadgets with you but, the club will not be responsible for any lost or damage.
*Wear proper swimming outfit.
It is best to experience every bit of Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park, so try every obstacle as much as possible, especially the tall slide(you have to try it at least once! which I did!). I really had fun. Will soon post a video of my experience here.
Thankfully, it was a bit gloomy day when we tried this floating aqua park, so we didn’t get toasted by the sun. And to add to the wonderful experience that we had… the amazing view of the Taal Volcano area as the background of the aqua park. Amazing experience!
Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park is open from 9AM to 6PM.
Aside from the inflatable aqua park, guests can also try other water sports activities such as follows:
- KAYAK (Single Seater)- PHP150/hour – (Double Seater)- PHP300/hour.
- PEDAL BOAT– PHP500/hour.
- JET SKI- PHP2,000/30 minutes – PHP3,500/hour.
- FLY FISH- PHP500/hour
- BANANA BOAT- PHP350/15 mins.
- SPEED BOAT- PHP6,000/hour.
For pasalubong and gift/souvenir items, Club Balai has this store for you to shop.
The resort is also a good venue to take nice photos. Designed with lush greenery plus the majestic view of the Taal Lake and Volcano, this place is totally a cool choice for pre-nuptial shoot, wedding venue, and corporate events such as team building and conferences.
WHERE DID WE STAY?
We were supposed to stay in one of CBI’s villas, unfortunately, all were fully booked so we stayed instead in Balai Sofia Bed & Breakfast (also owned by Club Balai Isabel) which is located just few steps away from Club Balai Isabel’s main entrance. If you are traveling on a budget but still want to enjoy Club Balai Isabel’s facilities and amenities, this place could be one of your options. Just don’t expect it to be as lavish like the villas, suites and hotel inside Club Balai. This is their budget-type accommodation.
Balai Sofia Bed & Breakfast has a simple reception area. Just like other hotels or accommodations, Check-in time for Balai Sofia is 2PM and Check-out time is 12nn. Free drinking water is available for it’s guest anytime of the day at the lobby beside the reception desk.
It’s quite spooky to walk on this narrow hallway going to our room hahaha! It’s like Sadako is coming out from the other end! Kidding aside, like what I said, do not expect too much of the place. What’s important is you have a decent place to stay and rest after your tiring day summer activities.
Balai Sofia Bed & Breakfast has 40 rooms all in all as for the moment. There’s an ongoing construction for the extension of Balai Sofia already and it’s almost done, so soon they can accommodate more guests.
Each room is equipped with the basics like toilet and bath, LED TV, towels and toiletries(shampoo and soap only), and telephone.
We encountered a bit of a problem during our stay in the room because our air conditioning unit is not functioning well(not getting cold). But kudos to the staff of Balai Sofia Bed & Breakfast for their fast response to our concerns.
They transferred us to another room with functioning air conditioning unit. Really thankful that there’s already a vacant room, because the place was really in demand and was fully booked when we arrived. We did had a good night sleep in our new room.
You might be curious how much per night at Balai Sofia Bed & Breakfast, here are the rates:
|ROOM TYPE||NUMBER OF PAX
|1 Single Bed||1||PHP999.00|
|2 Single Beds||2||PHP1,399|
- All rooms are inclusive of breakfast.
- In the event that there are no available rooms for single occupancy, guests can occupy rooms with two(2) single beds for PHP999.00/night including breakfast. PHP1,399 rate will be applied for double occupancy.
Would I go back to Club Balai Isabel? Yes Definitely! It’s really a nice place to unwind and a go-to place if you want to have some adventure and see some scenery at the same time,especially now that they have the aqua park. Summer adventure at its finest 🙂
How to get there:(Source: Club Balai Isabel’s website)
Option 1 : From South Super Highway (via Tagaytay)
- Take the Sta. Rosa Exit and turn right.
- Follow the main road leading to Tagaytay. When you reach Tagaytay, you will come to an intersection.
- Turn left at the intersection.
- Go straight until you see a public elementary school on your left and a road named Ligaya Drive on your right.
- Turn right at Ligaya Drive. Follow the road down to Talisay. Please exercise caution: this is a steep road.
- When you reach the bottom of the road you will come to an intersection. Turn left at this intersection.
- You will pass a bridge. Club Balai Isabel is 200 meters from this bridge on the right side. If you see a second bridge, then you have gone past the resort.
Option 2: From South Super Highway
- On South Luzon Expressway, simply go straight past the end of the highway and straight to the STAR Tollway.
- Go up the ramp at the Tanauan City exit and turn right. You are now on the National Highway
- Follow the road going to Talisay.
- When you reach the town proper of Talisay, go straight ahead.
- Club Balai Isabel is 500 meters from the town proper on your left side. If you see the second bridge, then you have gone past the resort.
Option 3: Public Transportation
- Go to the bus terminal in Buendia-Taft, across Atrium hotel. Bus liners Tritran and Jam offers the trip going to Lipa,Tanauan, Batangas City.
- Take the bus with the sign board Lipa, Tanauan, Batangas City. It will cost you around P70-P80 pesos per person.
- Get off at Tanauan town proper bus terminal. Once you get off, you will see the tricycles beside the bus terminal.
- Take the tricycle and ask the driver to bring you to the Talisay jeepney terminal besides Mc Donalds Tanauan. It will cost you P8 per person.
- When you have reached the jeepney terminal, take the ride with the signboard TALISAY. It will cost you P 20 per person.
- You will reach the town proper of Talisay, the jeep will stop near the church of Talisay.
- Take the tricycle at the terminal near the church where you get off. Ask the driver to bring you to Cub Balai Isabel. It will cost you P8.00 per person, if you wish to take the trip alone and not wait for other passengers, be prepared to pay P 24.00.
- The tricycle will bring you to Club Balai Isabel.
For bookings and other inquiries about Club Balai Isabel Aqua Park, you may contact them on the following details:
Email at email@example.com
Monday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM
Saturday 9 AM-2 PM
02 897-0229 [fax] 0906 518-5491
Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-7 PM
043 728-0307 [fax] 0906 518-5494
For inquiries on individual, family, and small group bookings, please call Reservations.
For corporate, school, association, wedding, and party inquiries, please call Sales.