With all the superficial standards being set by the world, we tend to try so hard and stress ourselves to look good and feel good based on those standards. It shouldn’t be that way. We are all uniquely and beautifully created by God and we should always love and accept who we are. As they say, If you want to love, you have to love yourself first.
Self-love is a state of appreciation for yourself that is manifested through different means. It involves taking care of yourself, not losing touch with who you are despite the stresses of everyday life. Taking care of your health, face, hair and skin are some of the basic aspects of self-love because when you look good, you feel great.
Health and beauty retailer, Watsons, encourages Filipinos to love themselves a little bit more through their recently launched campaign #LookGoodFeelGreat(watch the video to know more). We should not forget that our greatest love story should be with ourselves —take care of yourself and you’ll be rewarded.
So here are the steps that you can take to love yourself more and, in the process, feel great? Here are some suggestions:
- Be aware. It all starts with knowing who you are and what you can do.
- Don’t procrastinate. So one of your New Year’s resolutions is to achieve glowing skin. Don’t wait until the year is over to have a realistic skin care routine based on proper cleansing, moisturizing and sun protection.
- Be goal-oriented. Proper sleep, exercise and good nutrition are only some of the steps you should take to achieve your goals. List down your goals and think carefully how you can achieve them.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re not perfect; nobody is. If you are overweight, you can do something about it. If you look tired, there’s a reason for that. It’s not because you were born that way.
- Realize that you’re not alone. So many people struggle with lack of time or will to take proper care of yourself. Watsons encourages people to love themselves more to look good and feel great.
To learn more about the video, visit the Watsons Philippines Facebook page and @Watsonsph on Instagram.